Conference Garden Tour
Friday 18 Sept 2015 SOLD OUT
Our tour takes us to the spectacular Dandenong Ranges National Park to visit unique gardens which nestle amongst lush fern gullies and towering mountain ash – tallest hardwoods known to man and endemic to Victoria and Tasmania. Cloudehill, Burnham Beeches and Philip Johnson’s private garden are complemented by outstanding suburban gardens by Andrew Laidlaw and Robert Boyle. Book early as numbers are limited.
(The tour is confined to delegates).
* PHIL JOHNSON’S OLINDA GARDEN This award winning Australian garden nestles into the mountainside, so that garden and natural landscape become one – a perfect bush sanctuary with billabong, boardwalks and bathing outdoors.
* CLOUDEHILL, JEREMY FRANCIS Rated one of the world’s most beautiful gardens, with 25 garden spaces including herbaceous borders, breathtaking bulb meadow, forest glades, rare and endangered species, a new potager and much more. In situ sculpture, Diggers Nursery, restaurant and gift shop on site.
* BURNHAM BEECHES, SHERBROOKE One of Australia’s truly iconic gardens, and a well kept secret. Stroll the magnificent grounds, boasting produce gardens, emu enclosure, 500tree truffiere, and The Piggery Cafe. Take in the majesty of the 1930’s Art Moderne mansion, being resurrected and reimagined under the loving vision of acclaimed chefrestrateur, Shannon Bennett. A rare opportunity to step back to a time of glamour, Empire and romance.
* HAWTHORN GARDEN, ANDREW LAIDLAW A vibrant, plant driven garden combining stylish practical spaces for modern family life. This nurturing retreat with its children’s space responds superbly to its brief for an atypical Hawthorn garden.
* IVANHOE GARDEN, ROBERT BOYLE LANDSCAPE DESIGN Blending formal and informal elements, this beautiful garden gently transcends a sloping site via a series of integrated spaces, exuberant planting and meandering pathways to a natural style billabong merging with the Yarra River at its feet.
DATE Fri 18 Sept 2015 TIME 8.15 – 5.30pm (TBC) INCLUDES Vue de Monde boxed lunch, coach, guide, entry fees and garden notes. Dep/Ret Melbourne Convention Centre COST $165
BOOK Via registration form or website
CONTACT Jenny Wade t: 0409 000 089 or e: email@example.com Bookings subject to availability. Tour may be varied or cancelled if circumstances change. A 75% refund is available for cancellations prior to 1 Sept 2015. No refunds after that date.